Friday, July 31, 2009

Chemistry

My father once told me when I was young
A good education will make you someone
He told me to study and work real hard
And gave me a hug when he saw my report card

I took English, Science and Chemistry too
Little did I know it would affect me and you
They never prepared me for that fateful day
When the one I loved would come out and say

The chemistry between us it’s just not the same
I don’t know how it happened…then called me by name
I wish I could tell you I would if I could
The blow to my heart I barely withstood

I told her to stop… I didn’t want to know
Please let me recover from this heavy blow
The chemistry between us I thought it was good
Then something happened I never understood

The lab I had we mixed up a potion
We did it with care and took every precaution
How the mixture could change I didn’t know
Everything seemed the same just a day ago

I took a beaker and poured in some love
Added some flowers from heaven above
I asked God to help the chemistry grow
And bring back the love we use to know

By Ken Coleman ©
Not for commercial use

No comments: