Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Empty Room

To my love while where’re apart
I wake up nightly in the dark
I reach to find you… but you’re not there
Your beautiful smell has left the air

Now my room is dark and lonely
I start to cry for my one and only
I close my eyes to see your face
Then back to sleep with no embrace

My dreams are vivid and colorful too
The things they lack are me with you
And In the morning when I wake
That’s when my heart... begins to ache

An empty bed is where I am
Then the tears they fall again
I look at your pillow… without a wrinkle
No lovely face with eyes that twinkle

To see your face…and then embrace
Is something that will never be replaced
And now that our love has truely ended
I pray my heart…will soon be mended

Ken Coleman ©
Not for commercial use

1 comment:

Bunny Leach said...

this is a rare and beautiful poem about love and loss